Matrix Management Wiki
Home » The Accountability Key » 2U. Span of Accountability
- 2U1. A span of accountability is the percentage of strategic goals that are included in an individual’s accountability portfolio.
- 2U1i. A leader’s span of accountability includes organizational accountability for all of the strategic goals, as well as team and individual accountability for a subset of those goals. If the leader is also the head of a resource area, then his span includes goals associated with that area as well.
- 2U1ii. A professional has a span of accountability that include his organizational accountability to work in alignment with the strategic goals, as well as his team and individual accountability for specific team and individual deliverables that ultimately enable the leader to reach the strategic goals.
- 2U1iii. A span of accountability cannot be measured precisely.
- 2U1iv. The span of accountability of a professional could be greater than the span of accountability of a leader.
- 2U1iva. The roles of leader and professional are just that, roles. They do not indicate market value.