Current template: single.php
Skip to content
Matrix Management Wiki
- 1K1. The SPA Keys are referred to as the Organizational Lever because:
- 1K1i. They focus on organizational systems such as strategy deployment, governance, the project system, the performance management system, etc.
- 1K1ii. These systems must be redesigned for the matrix to work.
- 1K1iii. The Organizational Lever has the most effect on leadership behavior.
- 1K1iv. The redesign of these organizational systems must be driven by the senior leaders of the organization.
- 1K2. Figure 1.7. The Organizational Lever.
- 1K3. The purpose of the Organizational Lever is to:
- 1K3i. Align the organization around the external customer and the business strategy.
- 1K3ia. The business strategy is distinct from the technical and organizational strategies.
- 1K3ii. Create organizational systems that allow teams to create the outcomes needed to actualize the business strategy.
- 1K3iii. Optimize the overall organization.
- 1K4. The Structure Key focuses on:
- 1K4i. The creation of a two-dimensional organizational structure.
- 1K4ii. The breakdown of strategy into goals and goals into deliverables that are then produced by working teams.
- 1K4iii. The identification of who needs to work with whom in order to produce outcomes.
- 1K4iv. The identification of roles.
- 1K5. The Productivity Key focuses on:
- 1K5i. The prioritization of goals and deliverables.
- 1K5ii. Standardization to create efficiency.
- 1K5iii. The optimization of the overall organization.
- 1K6. The Accountability Key (as part of SPA) focuses on:
- 1K6i. Reinforcing the goal decomposition process.
- 1K6ii. Integrating the parts into wholes.
- 1K6iii. Creating a culture of success.
- 1K7. Table 1.4. AEIOC outcomes when SPA Keys are applied.
||Structured in alignment with customers||Empowers everyone to align to a common strategy||Enables all parts (horizontal and vertical) to work together||Identifies the sectors and vectors that teams need to optimize||Customer-focused culture|
||Aligns everyone to common priorities||Positions team leaders to optimize teams vs. individuals and to produce results||Integrates team members around common priorities||Identifies for leaders and professionals what the organization chooses to optimize||Culture of effectiveness and efficiency|
||Aligns everyone to the organization’s prioritized goals||Positions team leaders/members to negotiate achievable goals||Connects every team member and team leader to the team’s goals and to broader goals||Ensures the organization and teams are being optimized versus individuals||Culture of success|