Current template: single.php
Skip to content
Matrix Management Wiki
- 8F1. Most leaders also coach direct reports. The coaching role involves:
- 8F1i. Building a relationship with the direct report.
- 8F1ii. Understanding the direct report’s career goals and supporting her achievement of those goals.
- 8F1iii. Helping the direct report optimize her accountability portfolio (without suboptimizing higher level portfolios).
- 8F1iv. Looking for opportunities to build the direct report’s capability in line with organizational priorities.
- 8F1v. Reviewing feedback from the teams the direct report has or is working with and helping the direct report to develop her capabilities in order to work more effectively in these teams.
- 8F1vi. Providing honest feedback to the direct report about her performance in the organization.